Thursday, 11 May 2017

Arts Process Journal 2: OTS, Entry #2

After pre-production, me and Enrico put the storyboard into action. First of all, we gathered the real game footage. We chose to gather the game footage first because it was the most easiest to acquire. We gathered the game footage from basketball games that I recorded, and also from the Instagram of my basketball club. When we first drew up the storyboard, I already knew where I was going to get the footage so it was easy acquire.



After getting the game footage, I proceeded to shoot Enrico's training scene. It took a bit of time to come up with what we were going to do in the training scene, but we decided to shoot basic basketball drills, and general strength training. So this included shooting basketballs and gym scenes.




After shooting the shots, we started editing. Personally, I found editing and the whole process much simpler than our previous PSA project. I think this is because of two reasons. First of all it is because I used pre-recorded game footage, this made everything really quick and easy. Second, it's also because the OTS uses a lot of repetition so there was basically a pattern already. 

Our editing screen

With that being said, the actual problem I encountered was syncing the video to the music. Obviously, we want some scenes to match up with the beat of the music. Currently we are still trying to match the duration of the video and audio. Now, we only need to shoot the final shots and sync the music before we wrap up the OTS. The final shot will be taken outside of class time, we will be trying to simulate a real game.



No comments:

Post a Comment